The Official Google Video Blog - Showcasing cool new videos from across the web and keeping you current with latest news from Google Video

New Feature: Link within a Video

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 7/19/2006 06:00:00 PM

Has this ever happened to you?

You're watching this documentary on monkeys and then halfway through, this monkey does the funniest thing ever. So of course, you want nothing more than to share this hilarious monkey moment with your friends. Now, on Google Video, doing just that is easier than ever.

Now you can email links to specific points inside a video! All you have to do is add the time you'd like to share to the end of a video's URL. We support hours (h), minutes (m), and seconds (s).

For example, Invisible Board is a 1 min 46 sec long video but I believe the coolest part is at 1 min 26 sec, so all I have to do is add #1m26s to the link I'm going to send to my friends! Just like this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6396990712930217422#1m26s

Here's another example. Music and the Mind is a really interesting lecture from UCTV, but I don't want my friends to have to sit through the first half hour to get to the best part. So all I have to do is add #35m24s to the end of the URL and send them this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1267626298712917200#35m24s

Happy sharing!