The Official Google Video Blog - Showcasing cool new videos from across the web and keeping you current with latest news from Google Video

Highlight: I'm Thankful for Net Neutrality

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11/22/2006 02:36:00 PM

Thanksgiving dinner has just ended - belts have been loosened, there's pumpkin pie stains on mom's white linen tablecloth, and all that tryptophan pumping through your body is making you sleepy.

What else is there left to do? Well, this is usually the time when everyone goes around the table and shares what they're thankful for. You've heard it all before: I'm thankful for my family, my dog, and Grandma's chocolate-pecan-pumpkin-pie.

This year, I challenge you to think outside the box. What are you really thankful for? What could you possibly not live without?

When it's my turn around the table this year, I'm going express thanks for my parents and my grandparents, for the roof over my head, and for the new TV show Heroes, but I'm also going to throw in my thanks to this neat invention called the Internet. I'm sure you've heard of it. It's something millions of us use everyday, something that has become such an integral part of our daily lives that I don't think some of us realize how dependent we are on it. Doesn't this big guy deserve some sort of recognition? So here I go - I'm thankful for the Internet. Are you?

Today's Highlighted Videos


Click here to watch "Humanity Lobotomy Save the Internet"
This is a mashup about net neutrality brought to you by Four Eyed Monsters. The video is an open source documentary that strives to educate you on the history and future of the Internet as well as encourage you to spread awareness regarding net neutrality. Four Eyed Monsters wants you to download this video and edit it to share your ideas on the Internet and net neutrality. Your video may be included in a feature length citizen created documentary about protecting citizen media.
10 min 24 sec


Here's an extra video to share with your parents and grandparents, I'm sure they'll find it a treat! Check out what they used to wear in the 50's to Thanksgiving dinner!


Click here to watch "Home Movie: Lee Thanksgiving 1957"
It's that classic time when everyone knew how to dance, because it was such a part of social culture. You just don't see than anymore, so it is nice to see it in this home movie. Keep your memories safe by transferring home movies to DVD whether they are 8mm transfer to DVD
4 min 15 sec

Share these videos with your friends using the "Send link to a friend" feature! Learn how here!